NNU SGA
gavel.jpg

Senate Minutes

Senate Minutes

ASNNU Senate: November 14th, 2018

Call to Order: 7:33pm.

Opening Prayer: President D’Orazio

Amending of the Agenda:

Motion to amend: Senator Booker

Add New Business Item: First Reading of SB 18-11-01 NNU Cultural Diversity Club Class A Transition

Second: Senator Appleby

Vote: 9 of 9 approved.


Proposal to amend: VP Akkerman

Insert action item after the Brick House Report: Resolution to authorize use of the Brick House Permanent Fund

Motion: Senator Booker

Second: Senator Appleby

Vote: 9 of 9 approved.

Approval of last session’s minutes:

Motion to approve: Senator Appleby

Second: Senator Fender

Vote: 9 of 9 approved.

Gallery Business: Grant Miller reminded the senators that the resolution to allow BH access to permanent fund would act to allow the Brick House access to funds they already have, and it would actionable immediately with no bill required. He also shared several math jokes, to which VP Akkerman “booed.”

Thanksgiving break is coming. Take time to rest, then come back ready to rock and roll. Christmas is coming soon.

Art and Design Club Report: Morgan Baxter reported that the A&D Club’s mission and goal this year is to build community and relationships between classes within their department. Since they do not take classes together, they are working to promote relationships across the class years. Some events they’ve done include a trip to Boise to see open galleries of professional artists and a Halloween party. Today, they had a Thanksgiving/retirement party for a retiring administrative associate. They are planning to have a Christmas party, where they’ll sign cards for residents of an elderly home. They have had about 30 attending every event. Funds go toward events and toward snacks and supplies.

Brick House Report: Micah Tranch reported tomorrow is a Campfire Hangout, and they will have board games available for people to come play.

Resolution to Allow Access to the BH Permanent Fund: Micah Tranch shared the BH wants to use $75 of permanent fund to purchase an Amazon Fire TV with an ethernet adapter for their living room. Right now they are using Micah’s personal roku, and they want to install something more permanent, and something for everyone to use. They also plan to purchase two large trash cans to use for larger events.

Vote: 9 of 9 approved.

SGA Officer Reports:

President D’Orazio: Stan Lee passed away this week. Meeting with class councils, including an all-SGA meeting. Working on preparation for NSLA.

Social VP MacDonald: Fries and Pies is this Saturday, 9pm to midnight at Shari’s in Nampa. After, head to the Nampa Reel Theater for a midnight movie. Week of Cheer is coming, working to get class councils involved.

Business Manager Rick: Shared the weekly subfund report. Budgeting officially starts tomorrow, ending with a meeting to make cuts on Saturday morning.

Club Coordinator Nobbs: Working to track down club service forms, updating the event page for clubs and linking bios to nationally affiliated organizations. Four new clubs just moved into class B status.

Community Relations Coordinator Dringenberg: Finishing up Serve Week details this week, and working to plan another service project event for the end of the semester.

Campus Ministries Coordinator Fast: Tonight in TImeout Blaire Crutchley is speaking and Reece Wighaman is leading worhsip. Retreat is this weekend in Donnelly, working to finish up details for that this week.

Athletic Liaison Mahowald: Attended a lot of games this past week and thanked those who came to support. Next C of I game is this coming Tuesday before break, at home. There will be shirts to be handed out!

Intramural Overlord  Johnson: Championship games took place this past Saturday, t-shirts are ordered and coming soon. working on getting refs paid.

Publicity Director Kohagen: Continuing to update things as usual, made a postcard for Sr. Class Council event

Oasis Editor James: Met with his design team, took photos for intramurals. Looking into some sort of website for people to view photos that don’t make it into the yearbook.

Executive Secretary Rimer: Helping with intramural championships and Timeout Retreat. Thanks to Nicole, compiling a list of all club leaders to send a form to them weekly.

Executive VP Akkerman: First Well task force meeting tomorrow at 7:30pm in SGA. Reminder that if there are bills coming up to get them in before Wednesday.

       

Committee Reports:

Judicial Committee: Nothing to report.

Ways and Means Committee: Budgeting taking place tomorrow and Friday with cuts on Saturday, with club representatives and SGA officers attending. A reminder to come looking sharp.

Campus Life Committee: Working on posters.

Old Business: No old business.

New Business:

SB 18-11-01 NNU Cultural Diversity Club Class A Transition

First reading: Senator Booker.


Motion to adjourn: Senator Stuhr.

Second: Senator Rogers.

Vote: 9 of 9 approved.

Adjournment: 7:56 pm.

Grant Miller